- Diabetic screening eye exams: diabetic patients are recommended to have a dilated eye exam at least yearly by an Eye MD to check for signs of diabetes affecting your eyes, which may also be a sign of what's going on in your body
- Glaucoma screening: glaucoma is the number one cause of painless and irreversible blindness in the United States and can be treated with early detection and intervention; although medical treatment is usually the first line of treatment, laser and surgical options are also considered.
- Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) screening: this anti-arthritis drug and other high-risk medication such as steroids, ethambutol, INH, and interferon can have serious ocular side effects that should be monitored by an Eye MD at regular intervals
- Cataract evaluations: cataracts are the number one cause of reversible blindness in the world. Fortunately, cataract surgery is one of the world's most successful procedures in the human body. Our eye surgeons offer a wide variety of visual results following cataract surgery including the new astigmatism and multifocal implants to decrease your dependance on glasses or contact lenses.
- Cornea Transplants: various diseases can cause loss of clarity or scarring of the cornea (the front surface of the eye). Advanced corneal transplant surgery is performed by our cornea specialist.
- Blepharoplasty: when droopy upper eyelids start to weigh heavy on your eyes or block some of your superior visual field, you may qualify for this procedure using your medical insurance to remove the excess eyelid skin
- Eyelid lesions: various cosmetic and suspicious eyelid bumps and lumps can be removed conveniently in our office in most cases
- Glasses check and glasses prescriptions
- Ocular photography
- Visual field testing
- Advanced diagnostic imaging of the cornea, retina, and optic nerve
- Color vision testing
- Texas Driver's License vision reporting can be performed to remove your glasses restriction (Restriction "A" on your driver's license card) if you qualify
LenSx Laser Cataract Surgery
At Eye Physicians of North Houston we strive to offer the best technology for our patients. The LenSx® Laser System enables patients to choose a blade-less procedure with the use of a femtosecond laser, which combines a laser patient interface with an Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) image-guidance system to create precise incisions in the lens and cornea. The LenSx® Laser System allows our doctors to achieve the safest and most consistent visual outcome for our patients.Learn more about it today >
Cataracts. See everything
as it should be.
Cataracts are an opacity, or clouding, of the lens of the eye. The prevalence of cataracts increases dramatically with age. In fact, according to the National Eye Institute (NEI), more than half of all Americans age 80 and above either have a cataract or have had cataract surgery. Cataract surgery is one of the safest and most common performed surgeries in the United States.Learn more about it today >